Friday, March 12, 2010

"Praying the Passage"

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord(Psalm 40:1-3 NLT).

Thank you Almighty God for hearing my cries! How your mighty hand has lifted me out of the pit of despair. Thank you for the steady ground that I now walk on. The path that leads to you! O Lord how I love to sing the songs of praise that you have given me! Thank you for loving a sinner like me! Let my life be a reflection of you and your love, so that others will see, and put their trust in you. IN CHRIST NAME, AMEN

This is an example of "praying the Passage." The next time your are looking for a new way of studying scripture, pick out your favorite verse or verses and try "praying the passage." This will absolutely, without a doubt, jump start your daily walk with God and ignite your personal study path.

IN HIS NAME,

LKS
Posted by Lyle Sinkey at 3:25 AM 1 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment